2017 Mazda CX-3 vs. 2016 Nissan Juke
2017 Mazda CX-3
2016 Nissan Juke
As drivers begin looking for more affordably priced and fuel-efficient alternatives to larger SUVs, the development of the subcompact crossover SUV segment allows you to continue enjoying the look and feel of an SUV at a fraction of the price and environmental footprint. The 2017 Mazda CX-3 is a generously equipped, spacious, and fuel-efficient model in this class, and it faces competition from the 2016 Nissan Juke. While both models have their own appeal, there are some important highlights that reveal where Mazda’s small crossover excels. Find out more, and then test drive the Mazda CX-3 at Mazda of Manchester.
Standard Fuel Economy
The 2017 Mazda CX-3 and 2016 Nissan Juke are both quite agile, whether you’re skirting around the city or cruising on windy country roads. When it comes to saving money on gas, though, Mazda’s crossover wins out:
- Mazda CX-3 – The Mazda CX-3 comes standard with a 2.0L four-cylinder engine and a six-speed automatic transmission. This system utilizes Mazda’s SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY in order to achieve impressive fuel economy, with EPA estimates of 34 mpg highway and 29 mpg city with front-wheel drive and 32 mpg highway and 27 mpg city with all-wheel drive.
- Nissan Juke – The standard engine on the Nissan Juke is a turbocharged 1.6L four-cylinder, which comes standard with a continuously variable transmission (CVT). Standard fuel economy with this setup is an EPA-estimated 32 mpg highway and 28 mpg city with front-wheel drive and 31 mpg highway and 26 mpg city with all-wheel drive.
Passenger and Cargo Space
Both of these models fit the profile of a subcompact crossover SUV and offer seating for up to five, but the 2017 Mazda CX-3 gives you more room to work with inside the cabin:
- Mazda CX-3 – The total interior volume of the Mazda CX-3 measures 100 cubic feet. There’s also a generous dedicated cargo area that measures 12.4 cubic feet and a split folding rear seat that gives you access to 44.5 cubic feet of cargo space when you need it.
- Nissan Juke – The Nissan Juke’s interior volume measures only 97.2 cubic feet. There’s only 10.5 cubic feet of space dedicated for cargo in back, and even when you fold down the rear seat, you’re only provided 35.9 cubic feet of space for storage.
On top of these advantages, the Mazda CX-3 comes in with a lower starting price:
- Mazda CX-3 – MSRP from $19,960
- Nissan Juke – MSRP from $20,250
Finance the 2017 Mazda CX-3 with Mazda of Manchester
You don’t have to wait around to get a good deal on the 2017 Mazda CX-3. We’ve got great deals on this subcompact crossover SUV right now at Mazda of Manchester, where we proudly serve our neighbors in East Hartford and Glastonbury with one of the best inventories around. If you're short on time, we’ll even bring your test drive to your home or place of work for your convenience! Give us a call to set up a test drive or to find out more about this year’s Mazda CX-3, and come take a tour of our showroom located at 80 Oakland Street in Manchester, CT.