Can the Mazda CX-5 Tow a Trailer?
At a maximum 2000-lb towing capacity, the 2018 Mazda CX-5 can easily tow a trailer, camper, or small fishing boat for Rockville trips to Lake Shenipsit. Explore CX-5 towing capabilities, especially when compared to competitors like the Subaru Forester, below then shop our CX-5 inventory at Mazda of Manchester, or compare the Mazda CX-5 vs. Hyundai Tucson to learn more!
Mazda CX-5 Towing
- Handling: The CX-5 suspension is firm and controlled, and Edmunds.com describes it as having “keen handling and steering,” which is essential when you have 2000 lbs attached to the back of your vehicle.
- Towing Accessories: Mazda-quality accessories like the Class I-rated trailer hitch, four-pin trailer lighting connector, and splash guards will have you towing in style.
The CX-5 is available with a long list of safety features, including the i-ACTIVSENSE® Package, to make towing jobs around Bolton easier:
- Anti-Lock Brake System with Electronic Brake Force Distributions and Brake Assist
- Hill Launch Assist
- Advanced Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross Traffic Alert
- Smart Brake Support
- Smart City Brake Support
- Dynamic Stability Control and Traction Control System
- Lane Departure Warning with Lane-keep Assist
Get Your CX-5 at Mazda of Manchester
Explore more features on the CX-5 Grand Touring, then contact Mazda of Manchester near South Windsor to get ready for a fishing and bed-and-breakfast weekend or camping adventure today! If you aren’t sure which SUV is right for you, explore our inventory of new Mazda SUV models to find your favorite.