2017 Mazda CX-3 Safety Features and Ratings
The 2017 Mazda CX-3 has garnered a great deal of attention among East Hartford and Vernon drivers for its sleek style and confident performance. It’s also an incredibly safe model that boasts both top safety ratings and an abundance of high-tech driver assist features. Learn more about the Mazda CX-3’s intelligent safety offerings before visiting Mazda of Manchester for a test drive.
Sport and Touring Safety Features
Step inside this subcompact crossover SUV, and enjoy the confidence that comes from standard antilock brakes, stability control, and traction control, as well as front side and side curtain airbags. You’ll even get a standard rearview camera! Move up to the Touring trim to also take advantage of a blind spot monitoring system with a rear cross traffic alert feature.
The top trim level in the Mazda CX-3 lineup, the Grand Touring, is offered with a premium suite of advanced safety features to keep you even more secure and aware of your surroundings. Highlights of this system include:
- High Beam Control – This feature automatically switches your high beams on when there’s no other traffic around and turns them back to low when it senses another vehicle in the vicinity.
- Adaptive Front-Lighting System – In an effort to allow you to better see around corners, this feature lets your headlights shift 15 degrees to the left and right.
- Lane Departure Warning System – This feature provides you with visual and audible warnings when it senses that your vehicle is drifting out of its lane.
- Advanced Blind Spot Monitoring – In addition to letting you know when a vehicle is in your immediate area, this system is also able to tell you when a vehicle is quickly approaching and may soon come into your blind spot.
- Smart City Brake Support/Smart Brake Support – Working at speeds of between 2 and 18 mph or above 10 mph, respectively, these systems are able to detect when an object in front of you is too close, warn you about it, and automatically apply the brakes when necessary.
- Distance Recognition Support System – This feature measures the distance between the front of your car and the back of the car in front of you in order to recommend an appropriate distance.
Packaged within a smartly constructed frame, these systems all work together to help the 2017 Mazda CX-3 receive top safety scores from the top two independent crash safety rating agencies:
- IIHS – The Mazda CX-3 earned the best overall score of “Top Safety Pick+” from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, including the best score of “Good” in the small overlap front, moderate overlap front, side, roof strength, and head restraints and seats tests.
- NHTSA – The Mazda CX-3 received five out five overall stars from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, including five stars in every frontal and side crash test.
Keep Your Precious Cargo Safe Inside the 2017 Mazda CX-3
There are plenty of reasons to put your confidence in the 2017 Mazda CX-3. Experience them all for yourself here at Mazda of Manchester, where we carry the new Mazda CX-3 in a variety of trims at our location at 80 Oakland Street in Manchester, CT. Contact us at (860) 645-4100 to learn more about the safety of the Mazda CX-3 and to schedule a test drive!