Post-Winter Car Maintenance Checklist
Has the harsh winter weather in Hartford done a number on your vehicle? Even if you took many precautions for winter driving, Mother Nature sometimes has a mind of her own. Consult this post-winter car maintenance checklist from Mazda of Manchester to get your vehicle fresh and running smoothly for the approaching spring!
Spring Maintenance Checklist
As the weather warms up, cross off the items on this spring car maintenance checklist so that you can enjoy your favorite breakfast spots in Bolton all season long!
- Tires: With icy, snowy weather that hits Vernon during the winter, you may have opted to put on snow tires. If so, you should replace them with standard tires in order to extend the life of your winter tires.
- Windshield wiper blades: You likely made good use of your windshield wiper blades throughout the winter, so it’s important to check them to ensure they’re still functioning properly.
- Underbody: Wash your vehicle thoroughly to get rid of salt buildup. If salt is left alone, it has the potential to erode and rust your car.
- Brakes: Smart drivers pump their brakes consistently on slippery surfaces, which are common in winter months. Make sure to inspect them, especially if you hear squealing or grinding.
- Fluids: Top off all fluids as necessary, especially windshield wiper fluid.
- Interior: From bringing in slush to salt stains, your vehicle’s interior likely took a beating of its own over the winter. Make sure to vacuum, scrub, and wipe everything down.
Schedule Service with Mazda of Manchester
If you need help completing all of the items on your spring vehicle maintenance checklist, or if you want to learn more about maintenance every driver should know about, then schedule service with Mazda of Manchester! Our team will conduct a complete inspection to make sure everything is in tip-top shape. During your inspection, you can learn about our genuine parts selection and how our professional technicians can install whatever you need.
We can also help you learn when to get your oil changed, how to check your transmission fluid, or get you set up with pet-friendly accessories for your car so that you and your animals can get out to enjoy the spring weather in Glastonbury! Also be sure to read about our auto body shop.
More from Mazda of Manchester
If you’ve been searching for the perfect sedan to tackle your daily drives through Hartford and Vernon, then you’re likely curious about the attractive and innovative 2020 Mazda6. After all, it’s just as handsome as it is advanced! But which 2020 Mazda6 is best for your daily commutes and weekend adventures? We’ll help you take…
When you’re looking for an advanced SUV to add comfort and capability to your family’s everyday adventures, the new Mazda CX-9‘s interior is sure to delight. Our team has gathered a few of the key specs and features in this guide to outline the new innovative technology, high-end materials, and spacious Mazda CX-9 dimensions you can…
Whenever you take a drive around Hartford or Glastonbury, your tires are getting a workout. Because your tires are the only point of contact between your car and the ground, it’s important to keep them in good shape — and that includes tire pressure. If you’re not sure about the recommended tire pressure for your…