Post-Winter Car Maintenance Checklist
Has the harsh winter weather in Hartford done a number on your vehicle? Even if you took many precautions for winter driving, Mother Nature sometimes has a mind of her own. Consult this post-winter car maintenance checklist from Mazda of Manchester to get your vehicle fresh and running smoothly for the approaching spring!
Spring Maintenance Checklist
As the weather warms up, cross off the items on this spring car maintenance checklist so that you can enjoy your favorite breakfast spots in Bolton all season long!
- Tires: With icy, snowy weather that hits Vernon during the winter, you may have opted to put on snow tires. If so, you should replace them with standard tires in order to extend the life of your winter tires.
- Windshield wiper blades: You likely made good use of your windshield wiper blades throughout the winter, so it’s important to check them to ensure they’re still functioning properly.
- Underbody: Wash your vehicle thoroughly to get rid of salt buildup. If salt is left alone, it has the potential to erode and rust your car.
- Brakes: Smart drivers pump their brakes consistently on slippery surfaces, which are common in winter months. Make sure to inspect them, especially if you hear squealing or grinding.
- Fluids: Top off all fluids as necessary, especially windshield wiper fluid.
- Interior: From bringing in slush to salt stains, your vehicle’s interior likely took a beating of its own over the winter. Make sure to vacuum, scrub, and wipe everything down.
Schedule Service with Mazda of Manchester
If you need help completing all of the items on your spring vehicle maintenance checklist, or if you want to learn more about maintenance every driver should know about, then schedule service with Mazda of Manchester! Our team will conduct a complete inspection to make sure everything is in tip-top shape. During your inspection, you can learn about our genuine parts selection and how our professional technicians can install whatever you need. We can also help you learn when to get your oil changed, how to check your transmission fluid, or get you set up with pet-friendly accessories for your car so that you and your animals can get out to enjoy the spring weather in Glastonbury!
More from Mazda of Manchester
Mazda’s award-winning line of crossovers is getting a new member – the Mazda CX-30. The CX-30 falls directly in between the CX-3 and CX-5 in size, filling the gap between the subcompact and compact SUVs. The CX-30 shares many similarities with the Mazda3 sedan, including similar interior and available equipment. This means that we can…
The Mazda CX-5 is a force to be reckoned with among crossover SUVs—just look at the superb safety ratings, technological features, and color options. One more notable category: the 2019 Mazda CX-5 dimensions. The interior and cargo space dimensions provide enough room to bring everyone along and everything that matters on Hartford road trips. Explore…
You can rest assured that you’re being protected on Hartford roadways and beyond when you choose a Mazda SUV like the 2019 Mazda CX-5. Now that the Mazda safety ratings are in for the CX-5, you can see how impressive this model’s safety tech is as well as how it holds up against the road…