Why the 2016 Mazda CX-5 Stands Apart in the Compact SUV Segment With a Fun Driving Experience
Drivers shopping for a compact SUV don’t have many options to get excited about. Filled with cookie-cutter models, the compact SUV segment has a reputation of being dull and offering an uninspiring driving experience in favor of practicality. This often leaves us answering the question, is the Mazda CX-5 fun to drive?
After all, if the “zoom-zoom” branded auto manufacturer can’t make a compact SUV fun to drive, then crossover drivers may be doomed for a life of boring driving experiences. Thankfully, this isn’t the case, as the CX-5 stands out from its competitors with a thrilling experience many drivers may not have thought they’d be able to get from the compact SUV segment.
Most Fun to Drive Compact SUV for the 2016 Model Year
For example, the 2016 Mazda CX-5’s precise steering earned itself the recognition as the best handling crossover on New York Daily News. This is on top of the New York Daily News ranking the 2016 CX-5 as the top model in the small SUV category, while the Mazda3, Mazda6 and CX-3 also earned the top spots in their respective categories.
We’ve compared the CX-5 to many of its competitors in the past, but matching up specs and features doesn’t always give you an idea of the actual driving experience. It’s up to you to decide which compact SUVs are the most fun to drive, but here are some of the reasons why we and others rank the Mazda CX-5 at the top:
- Based on the same platform as the sporty Mazda3 and Mazda6
- Delivers precise steering compared to the sloppy steering that may be found on other models
- Offers a comfortable ride
- Available i-ACTIV AWD is predictive, rather than simply reactive, detecting potential wheel slips before they occur
- The standard model comes with a manual transmission, appealing to true driving enthusiasts
- Available with a 2.5-liter engine producing 184 hp and 185 lb-ft of torque, offering plenty of power for the model’s surprisingly light weight
On top of the CX-5’s enjoyable driving characteristics is its sleek and athletic stance, which perfectly reflects the feeling and emotion drivers can experience behind the wheel. There’s no doubt that the Mazda CX-5 is a fun to drive model that sits at the top of the compact SUV segment thanks to its blend of driving purity, pleasure and sophistication. Contact us at Mazda of Manchester to schedule your test drive today.